AMN Healthcare Privacy Statement
AMN Healthcare, Inc., the nation's largest healthcare staffing and management services company, is committed to safeguarding your online privacy, whether you are a nurse, technologist, physician, administrator or general visitor to our Web site. As a result, we have made the commitment not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your consent (subject to the limited circumstances set forth below).
Please read the following policy to understand how we collect personal information from you, use the information, and protect the information. Since this policy may change from time to time, we recommend that you refer to it regularly.
Who We Are
The AMN Healthcare site is a healthcare staffing information site on the World Wide Web. The site is owned and operated by AMN Healthcare, Inc., located in San Diego, California. AMN Healthcare provides comprehensive staffing and management solutions to healthcare facilities across the nation. Specializing in placing nurses, physicians and allied healthcare professionals in temporary or permanent positions, AMN Healthcare currently has thousands of healthcare professionals working across the United States. With 25 years in business, AMN Healthcare has become the established leader in the healthcare staffing industry.
AMN Healthcare, Inc.
12400 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130
Tel: (866) 871-8519
Fax: (800) 282-0328
Although we may collect certain information from you as discussed below, please be reassured in knowing the following:
What information we know about you and how we use it
- We will not disclose your social security number or any other personal information you provide to us unless you authorize us to do so, except where needed to deliver a service or product ordered by you or under the limited circumstances set forth below.
- Please be advised that we may share your personal information with our parent company or affiliated companies, which may contact you regarding recruitment opportunities.
- We will always give you the opportunity to access and correct your personal information at any time.
- We will not disclose your application status without your authorization.
Personal information that you give us
There are various areas on our Web site where we either require or permit you to transfer personal information voluntarily. We use this personal information only for the specific purpose specified at the time you input such information, including contacting you for employment opportunities with us or our clients. For example, by using various features of our Web site we may need to collect your name, facility name, unit name, unit description, positions needed filled, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and any comments related to this data.
Information that we derive independently from your use of the site
Aside from any information you may actively disclose to us, there is other, less obvious, information, that we might obtain from you. We may use such information for internal purposes such as to improve the content of our Web pages and/or to customize the layout of our pages for each individual according to his or her preferences. In addition, we may track your account history regarding your participation on the Web site.
Our system automatically collects information about the areas visitors frequent on our Web site. We may use this aggregate information to understand how our members as a group use the services we provide so that we can improve our Web site. Furthermore, we may share such aggregate statistical information with our partners, affiliates or other outside companies, but in doing so, it is not our practice to disclose individual names or other personal information. Some examples of how we aggregate such information are as follows:
- Cookies: A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are widely used on the Internet and have become an industry standard. Cookies enable user registration and login and personalization, among other things. Although a cookie cannot, in and of itself, identify you, it can identify your computer. Your browser is most likely set up to accept cookies automatically. If you would like to disable this feature you may do so by adjusting the options or preferences in your browser. However, by doing so, you will lose some of the conveniences of our Web pages.
- IP addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin service with an Internet Service Provider. We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of our site. Each time you log onto our site and each time you request one of our pages, our server logs your IP address. Although we log your session with us, we will not normally link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you. However, we can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service or to protect our service, site, users or others.
- Computer information: We query your computer automatically for information about the computer or operating system you are using such as the baud rate of your modem or error messages you may have received. We may do so in order to fit our services to your individual needs and to diagnose problems you may be having with our Web site. We use a unique identifier in the form of a user ID to give you access to special areas of our Web site intended for registered users.
- Geographic location: We may gather information about your geographical location by determining where your computer is located. We do this in order to provide either localized service or to provide faster service by sending your server-localized content.
How to access and change your user information
We encourage you to correct and update information related to your e-mail subscription or staffing request by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon your request, we will provide you with any unique identifying or personal information that we maintain about you and will make any appropriate changes you provide us.
When we may be forced to disclose
If at any time you object to our use of your personal information, including use of your e-mail address, you may stop that use by e-mail request to email@example.com.
Links to other sites
Linking to other sites is an integral part of the functionality of the Internet and therefore of our site. Any link to a page which displays a URL of a non-AMN Healthcare site in the address window of your browser or which indicates that it is "powered by" an entity other than AMN Healthcare, is a link to a site outside of our service. This includes links to any partners that may link to AMN Healthcare or are part of a co-branding or partnership agreement, as well as other suggested links or links our users may post. These other sites may send their own cookies to you, collect data or solicit personal information. Please note that we cannot guarantee and are not responsible for the content of outside sites.
Security is a top priority for us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your Internet connection to our servers. We also take great care to protect user information off-line. Only authorized personnel handle your data and our database servers have a backup system to prevent loss of data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure and you agree we are not liable should a third party illegally obtain your personal information. While we have made a great effort to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Our policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond our control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
Your acceptance of these terms